I might have a small obsession with throw pillows. I love them on beds, chairs, couches. I love how comfy they make a bed look. Waiting for you to dive into their softness for a good nights sleep. Hmmmm.....to bad bed time is still several hours away. 
These are a few lovelies I found. 
source

source


My husband edited these and deleted the link to Etsy with the source for these two and I can't find them again in all of Etsy's vastness..  My apologizes to whoever made them!!
So cute right?!
When Jake and I make our first million I don't know if I'd rather buy a ton of shoes or throw pillows...tough choice. But for now, these lovelies are out of my price range so I came up with a more affordable alternative.

{ The No-Sew Placemat Throw Pillows }

Here's the tutorial.

What you'll need:
  • 2 placemats per pillow
  • batting
  • fabric glue
Here is one that I've made.

I started with these dinner napkins that were my grandmother's. I love them.



  • Because I used napkins and not placemats I made an X in the middle to hold both sides of the napkin together. 
  • If you are using placemats you can forgo the X in the middle.
  • Just apply glue to 3 sides of the placemat leaving one side unglued for the batting to go into. 



  • Once your glue is applied, spread it with a foam brush so that you don't get a glue line/mark on the finished product. 
  • Let it dry for at least 45minutes. You don't want to try stuffing before the glue is dry, otherwise you'll split the glue seams.
  • Once the glue is dry, stuff the pillow with the batting. To ensure that your pillow maintains shape during use, knead the pillow periodically while stuffing it. This will help the batting lie as it will while your using it and help ensure you don't end up with a flat pillow. My rule is that if I can still pinch the opening so that it closes, I can put more batting in.
  • Once all the batting is in, glue the remaining side. Since the pillow is now stuffed, it will be harder to glue the edge without it popping open so lay a heavy object on the final side to help it stayed glue.
And tada! A throw pillow!





The whole projects takes about 15 minutes of work and 45 minutes of wait time. 1 hour total.
Most placemats cost about $3 a piece and batting is usually about $7 for a large pad which will stuff 2 or 3 pillows. 

Not too shabby!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top