I love Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind. I've read it every year since I was in 9th grade. I love Scarlet O'Hara and Rhett Butler. (Our son Rhett, is partially named after the character. I also once had a fish named Mr. Rhett Butler.) I love the tenacity of the characters and the descriptions of southern life. I love how much Scarlet loves Tara, her home.


We are flying to North Carolina tomorrow to explore and see if we want to move our little family so far away. I am so excited to go back south. I'm from Kentucky and I LOVE the greenness, the rolling hills, the gentle accents, the FOOD, the laid back "Come on in" southern hospitality.

Maybe I'll find my Tara while we're there. 

Maybe it'll look like this,


or like this.


And while I'm dreaming maybe I'll be standing on the front porch when Jake gets home in my hoop skirt that makes my waist look oh so tiny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top