I had some extra burlap left from the pleated burlap wreath I made last week so I decided to frame a chalkboard with it. 

So. Stinkin'. Easy. 


Here's what you'll need.





Step 1: Lightly sand and clean your wood. 

Step 2: Squirt a couple of small dollops of the chalk board paint on the wood.


Step 3: Using the roller spread the paint evenly on the wood. 

(I did 2 coats.)

Step 4: Take your burlap (you'll need about 2 1/2 times as much the perimeter of your piece of wood) and sew it into a ruffle. 

For ruffle tutorials click HERE, HERE, and HERE.   

Step 5: Using your glue gun, glue the ruffle in sections to the perimeter.  


Step 6: Rub chalk over the surface of your board to treat it and wipe it off when you're ready to write a message. 

You're done! 

Did you realize that was less then 10 steps?!

Obviously I forgot to write something deep and profound on mine before I took the pictures, but you get the idea. :)




Total cost:

Burlap: Left over, about $1.00

Chalkboard paint: $3.00 (w/coupon at Michael's and I barely used any of it.)

Wood, chalk, roller, glue gun: Free (already had on hand)

Total: $4 or less

Yay for burlap. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top