Jake is graduating with his Bachelor's in 20 days.
In 28 days we are moving.

So we need to find housing.
Stat.

Otherwise we might have to live in our tent and become professional campers.
And honestly, I hate camping.
Too many buggy bugs invading my personal space.

So for the past few days I've been searching the Arizona valley for a place for us to call home.

And I really didn't realize how emotional of a process this would be.

Provo is a special place for us. It's where Jake and I met, dated, got married, had Rhett and have some of the best friends we could have ever hoped for. And we've always been blessed with great housing so I wasn't going to settle for any old apartment.

At one place I started to cry because the laundry room wasn't big enough for Rhett and I to "fold" laundry together.
Crossed that one off the list.

At another apartment, I got a bad case of the giggles because the tile work in the bathroom looked it....something inappropriate.
Also crossed that one off the list.

So after 3 days I only had 3 places left that I felt OK with.

Option #1


Pros:
9ft ceilings
Large closets
Playground/pool/racquetball/gym on site
Accent wall could be painted for us before we arrived for free

Cons:
Not located near shopping etc
Older population (not too many young families)
Complex covered 4 acres so I think we would get lost a lot.
Only available 2 bedroom was on the second floor.
Pool and gym only open till 7PM

Price: $935
1100 sq feet

Option #2

Pros:
9ft ceilings
Large coat closest
Storage off patio
Decent location
Stainless appliances

Cons:
No playground on site
Bedrooms on opposite sides of apartment (I like to be near Rhett)
Most rent

Price $970
1275sq feet

Option #3






Pros:
Stainless appliances
Bedrooms near each other
Garage available w/apartment
HUGE closets
Lake and playground across the street
Shopping in walking distance
Pool and gym open 24 hours
We only pay electric

Cons:
Only 2nd floor apartment available
On a busy street
Has covered parking but 1st come 1st serve
Biggest commute for Jake

Price: $900
1200 square feet

So which one would YOU choose?
I'll tell you tomorrow what we chose!

---------------------------------------------------------------

But for now I'll tell you who the winner of the Ryobi Sander giveaway is!

True Random Number Generator 57  


tracyevelyn said...




And I posted about your giveaway on my facebook!
I absolutely adored the 9 drawer dresser you recently posted about! It was perfect!!

Yay Tracy!
Email me your information and we'll mail it to you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top